Saturday, August 23, 2014

If I Stay {book & movie review}


Alright. Here's the thing. I wasn't the biggest fan of the book.
I honestly don't understand the hype, it took me sooo long to get through and it seemed to drag on and on and on. It disappointed me on so many levels. I expected it to be 100% different, so I guess that's my fault, but it just ughhhhh I expected so much more!

However the movie was seriously b r e a t h t a k i n g.
It was literally the only book-to-movie conversion 
that was actually better than the book!!! 
My mind was completely blown.
Like wow. It was just wow.
Amazing.

 {Please do yourself a favor and go watch it as soon as you possibly can}

But I went ahead and purchased the second book in hopes that it's automatically 10x better than the first one?
Yeah, not the best logic. I Know.
But I'm a somewhat optimistic reader.

Once I finish reading the second book I'll update this post with my thoughts and opinions on that one as well. 
*fingers crossed that it's better*

But the movie::
The cast was perfection, the soundtrack was so on point, and Jamie Blackley was just wow

{::UPDATE::}

Where She Went
by Gayle Forman

Holy. Crap.
THIS IS SERIOUSLY SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE FIRST ONE LIKE HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?! 
I bought and finished this book in less than 24 hours and I'm just completely stunned at how much more of a storyline 
it had compared to the first one.
It was beautiful and the end was just. .wow. .I just I loved it. 
Definitely one of my favorites!

xx, Katie

No comments :

Post a Comment