Wednesday, February 25, 2015

recent releases / music

1. SMOKE AND MIRRORS

OH. MY. GOSH.
Can we please talk about smoke and mirrors?!
I'm honestly completely obsessed with this entire album.
It's so different from their previous album(s), and I'm wow. .speechless.
Boys you have truly outdone yourselves this time.
[PS: GOING TO THEIR SHOW ON JULY 8TH]
LIFE IS GR8
v excited. v.
Speaking of Imagine Dragons, their cover of Blank Space is pretty amazing.

{ here's the link, enjoy yo'self }

F A V S   F R O M   S M O K E  &  M I R R O R S:
DREAM
SHOTS
POLAROID
I'M SO SORRY
SMOKE AND MIRRORS
and every other freakin song on the album oh my gosh

2. THIS IS ALL YOURS


Alt-J has been one of my favs since early 2013.
They hadn't released new music since 2012, so when they released 
This Is All Yours in July of 2014, I was ecstatic. 
If you haven't heard their music, I highly suggest you do so.
My all time fav song is : Breezeblocks

F A V S  F R O M  T H I S  I S  A L L  Y O U R S:
PUSHER
LEFT HAND FREE
EVERY OTHER FRECKLE
THE GOSPEL OF JOHN HURT

My mother is a saint and got me tickets to see them again in Apil 
and I cannot contain my excitement. I went to one of their shows two years ago and it
was absolutely amazing. The crowd they attract is so unique, and everyone's so nice
and different and I absolutely love it. I can't wait to be around them all again.

3. TIME

Two words. Mikky Ekko.
L O V E  O F  M Y  L I F E, AMIRIGHT LADIES?!


His voice is f.l.a.w.l.e.s.s. in every form of the word and he's literally the cutest person I've seen in my entire life. He deserves all the good in the world. Like w0W he's gr8.
I had the opportunity to actually meet him this past month, and lemme tell you
he's even cuter in person than he is in pictures, and that's saying something. 
But back to the album. 
Complete perfection. That's all I have to say.
Listen to it. Listen to it all. In one sitting. Love yourself.

F A V S  F R O M  T I M E:
U
TIME
SMILE
COMATOSE
PULL ME DOWN
WATCH ME RISE
when I say every single other frickin song on the album I mean it
he's an angel and his voice proves it 

Literally the best album I've heard in my life, give it listen. 

Here are some pics from Mikky's lil 6-song performance at Grimey's
[a local record shop in Nashville]

               

                 

                


[I'm an awkward potato but this is the loml decked out in his all black]
[all black is always right]
[luv him]

M O R E  R A D  N E W  M U S I C
MISTERWIVES / OUR OWN PLACE
WALK THE MOON / TALKING IS HARD
FALL OUT BOY / AMERICAN BEAUTY AMERICAN PSYCHO

I'm clearly a  h u g e  music lover, so if any of you have suggestions
feel free to leave them in the comments below or tweet me @katiefriedmann

lov u all
-kat

No comments :

Post a Comment