Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Alt-J Concert

Hello! I cannot believe I didn't jump into the blogging phase as soon as I go home from the Alt-J concert on September 21. Oh wait..yes I can..I was beyond tired. And my feet were sweaty. (Awkward pause) But since I didn't do it then, I'll do it now!

Our seats were row N at the Ryman in Nashville and they were literally last row but also the second closest concert I've been to (the first being Ed Sheeran at the Hard Rock Cafe earlier this year). But woooow SOO EXTREMELY CLOSE AGH! It was flawless :)

Ok so the opening band: Lord Huron. Wooooow boy. They were absolutely amazing!!! They were so entertaining!! The main singer was jumping up and down and banging on his little drum with so much force his hat fell off and just ah. I wanna go back sooo bad! They played for a good 45ish minutes and then there was the intermission before the main band came out.

Then it was Alt-J's turn to hit the stage. Just let me tell you. They were amazing and flawless and loud and the lights were so bright and ahhh. I just live for concerts guys. You don't even understand. They played all of my favorite songs (aka all of them), BUT MY PHONE DIED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LAST SONG AND I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO MURDER SOMEONE. O M G.

But the concert was the most chill-hipster scene-head bobbing-fashionable concert I've been to in my entire life. It was just tremendous.

I have videos and pictures on my Instagram from the night. Sorry it took me like ten years to post this, but I haven't had the chance.

What did I wear? Well I'll tell ya what I wore! I wore a white shmancy tshirt form H&M that had a diamond look circling the neck with a small slit on the back near the nape of my neck and and the front right below the diamond threaded. .badazzlement. .(yeah).  Since it was hot before the concert and freezing afterward so I knew I'd need pants of some sort so I settled for my American Eagle boyfriend jeans. And as for shoes I threw on my H&M printed flats (that are featured here!)

All in all I just can't explain the love I have for this band to you guys. And the concert has made that obsession grow about 1000000 times more.

Love you guys!
xoxo, katie

Here are 8 of my favorite songs from them::
  1. Fitzpleasure
  2. Breezeblocks
  3. Taro
  4. Matilda
  5. Bloodflood
  6. Hand Made
  7. Something Good
  8. Ms
HAPPY LISTENING!

And now for some terrible iPhone concert footage!


THIS IS MY FAVORITE PICTURE EVER OMG ITS ALT J OBVIOUSLY
ALT-J
ALT-J

ALT-J

ALT-J

No comments :

Post a Comment